At long last, Thanksgiving break is here!! As we approach the end of the infamous Module IV, I think I speak for all my classmates when I say that this break is well placed and much needed. However, as the title might suggest, PT is still on the brain, and we’ve got a lot left to study before we finish up and head out for our first clinical. Despite the studying, the hustle and bustle that comes with the end of the module, and the head-spinning thought of us somehow having reached the end of our first year, there is much to be thankful for! So without further ado and in honor of Thanksgiving, I present to you the inaugural Elon DPT 2016 list of thankfulness!!
10 Things the Elon DPT Class of 2016 is Thankful For
- Soon we get to head out on our first clinical and get a chance to practice our passion!
- The Francis Center – it truly is a world class facility
- We’ve had the chance to learn from some pretty stellar clinicians during our orthopedic module, and we’re thankful for how they’ve prepared us for our first clinical.
- The countless intramural championships that the Elon DPT 2016 ladies have been reeling in (don’t worry gentlemen, we’ll get one soon).
- The chance to relax and spend time with family and friends over Christmas Break, before we head out for Clinical Uno.
- When we’re done with this module, we’ll be second years!!
- In just a few short months, the Francis Center fountain will awake from it’s slumber and signal the onset of the wonderful season of spring.
- We’ve all done some pretty awesome research this module, and we’re going to get to share it with each other when we get back from Thanksgiving break.
- There’s a new class of first years coming in at the beginning of 2015, and we’re excited to mentor them/show them the ropes!
- Time to get sentimental….we’re thankful for each other. We’ve spent A LOT of time with each other during this fourth module, and we’ve grown even closer than we already were. Definitely gonna miss everyone while we’re out on clinicals, but I’ll be excited to hear about all the amazing experiences we’ll no doubt get to have while on clinicals!
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with lots of turkey, football, and therapeutic exercise….uhhh I mean pecan pie. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!!