As always things have been busy in Elon DPT Land. We have had a lot of events and learning opportunities in the past month. I am one of those students who has to write everything down in a planner or else I would be perpetually lost. It always shocks me when I look back through my planner and I see the amount of things that I have attended, turned in, or completed. PT school sure has a way to keep you busy! Here is a run down of the top things that occurred since I last posted.
1) HOPE Banquet
◦ This was an event to celebrate everyone who has participated in the HOPE Clinic and to also recognize the third year students who have accumulated enough hours to be a member of the National Pro Bono Honor Society.
◦ It was a super fun time and really exciting to see all the third years after they had completed their last clinical rotations.
2) Professional Pledge Ceremony
◦ This was a super exciting event where all the current cohorts pledged to uphold a unique set of values that an Elon DPT committee created based upon the APTA values. From this point forward it will be done at the beginning of the first year for the new classes that attend Elon’s DPT program.
3) First Annual Global Engagement and Research Forum
◦ This is a celebration of the School of Health Sciences marked by PT Research, GLO experiences, Engineering department poster presentations, and an address by the Dean.
◦ This is always a good time to go to. There are so many interesting research posters and all the students have such solid information to discuss with you.
4) 4th annual Elon Kickbox
◦ This is an opportunity to get $300 and other resources to explore an idea that helps to solve a problem. This will be my second year participating in this and I am so excited to get started. The Kickbox is one of those opportunities that is unique to Elon and helps solidify why Elon is an amazing place to get my DPT degree.
The only other thing that has happened is that the class of 2020 is officially in our THIRD YEAR!!!!
Until next time,